Re: [softrock40] Re: Signal sources for SDR testing and demos

  • Chris Albertson
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 25, 2007
      > Hello Ron - A free digital audio editor is "Audacity 1.2.6", I have
      > not investigated its functions yet but looks very interesting.

      Audacity has been around "forever" and is activly being developed by a
      large user comunity. It's multi-platform too.

      On top of it's native functions there is a built-in script language
      so it has some programmability too. It's not a signal processor
      and it can't
      turn I and Q samples into audio signals. It is very good at
      reading almost any kind of audio file and converting between
      the various flavors of audio.

      I keep thinking about how a user interface to an SDR should work.
      One idea is that an operator should be able to always go back
      in time. If I notice a signal but but missed it I should be
      able to go back and apply some different filter setting and get
      it. Maybe play it back in fast mode. These audio editors also
      seems to have filters that are much more sophisticated and complex
      than anything ever used inside a ham radio. It's helpful to look
      at how these multi track audio editors work.

      Chris Albertson
      Home: 310-376-1029 chrisalbertson90278@...
      Office: 310-336-5189 Christopher.J.Albertson@...