Soundblaster Live 24 USB Problems

  • raymonda58
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2005
      There have been several message threads over the past several weeks
      concerning problems users have observered using external Soundblaster
      24 bit USB audio adapters. It seems most problems have stemmed from
      the use of the Windows XP drivers. Use of the Creative drivers seems
      to have cured the problem.

      I recently obtained a Soundblaster Live 24 USB external card. I
      initially installed it on my desktop system (IBM 3 GHz Xeon processor,
      Windows XP Pro (sp2). It worked flawlessly with all the SDR programs I
      tried (Rocky 1.3, SDRadio, SharpDSP) even at 96kHz sampling rate.

      Next I installed it on my laptop (Compaq 1.4 GHz P4, Windows XP Home
      (sp2). It seems to work fine as an output device but so far I've not
      been able to utilize it as an input device with any of the above
      referenced SDR programs, Absolutely zero input from the line-in or
      microphone input. The input signal is 'flat-lined'(no noise or
      anything). I've reinstalled the drivers several times, installed the
      latest rev drivers from the Creative web site all to no avail.

      Has anyone encountered this problem and come up with a fix? I know the
      hardware is good as it works fine on one machine, but is dead meat on
      the laptop.

      73 Ray WB6TPU