Rocky 3.32

  • Charles Greene
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2007
      fHJi,

      I am new to the group. I heard there was a Softrock Lite for the K3
      IF, and Tony Parks sold me a Softrock Lite kit for the K2 IF, 4.915
      MHz. However, if one were to use Rocky, its frequency readout is a
      portion of the 160 to 30 meter band. Readout of an IF would be best
      0 +/- 15 KHz, or whatever the sample rate gives you in frequency
      spread. I have run Rocky but have not used it with the Softrock
      Lite, and it seems everything is applicable to an IF except the
      frequency readout.

      I have a SDR-1000, and its software may be adaptable to reading the
      frequency of the K2/K3 using CAT while at the same time receiving the
      IF, although it may need some modifications to do this as well as to
      interface to the Softrock.

      I plan to use the old(er) computer I first used with the
      SDR-1000. It is a 2.1 GHz AMD and has a SB Audigy 2ZS card in it; I
      also have a SB MP3+ (USB). I first used these cards with the
      SDR-1000 when they were the best available along with the Turtle
      Beach Santa Cruz. I currently use a FireBox with my SDR-1000, but I
      don't plan to use it with the Softrock Lite except for some tests.

      I plan to interface my K2 to the Softrock Lite; looks to be a simple
      task. I will report results.

      Comments?

      73, Chas W1CG
    • Jose Bonanca
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2007
        Hi Chas
        The actual version of the SR is SR v. 3.6.2
        Regards

        --
        Jose Bonanca  (CT1aos)
      • Jose Bonanca

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2007
            Jose,

            Nice to chat with you agn. I don't understand what the ver 6.3.2 is
            of. I was referring to the software, name Rocky, and I down loaded
            the latest version at Alex's site, ver 3.32.

            Chas

            At 11:33 AM 9/4/2007, you wrote:
            >sorry. Chas version is 6.3.2
            >Thanks
            >

            >On 9/4/07, Charles Greene <<mailto:w1cg@...>w1cg@...> wrote:
            >
            >fHJi,
            >
            >I am new to the group. I heard there was a Softrock Lite for the K3
            >IF, and Tony Parks sold me a Softrock Lite kit for the K2 IF, 4.915
            >MHz. However, if one were to use Rocky, its frequency readout is a
            >portion of the 160 to 30 meter band. Readout of an IF would be best
            >0 +/- 15 KHz, or whatever the sample rate gives you in frequency
            >spread. I have run Rocky but have not used it with the Softrock
            >Lite, and it seems everything is applicable to an IF except the
            >frequency readout.
            >
            >I have a SDR-1000, and its software may be adaptable to reading the
            >frequency of the K2/K3 using CAT while at the same time receiving the
            >IF, although it may need some modifications to do this as well as to
            >interface to the Softrock.
            >
            >I plan to use the old(er) computer I first used with the
            >SDR-1000. It is a 2.1 GHz AMD and has a SB Audigy 2ZS card in it; I
            >also have a SB MP3+ (USB). I first used these cards with the
            >SDR-1000 when they were the best available along with the Turtle
            >Beach Santa Cruz. I currently use a FireBox with my SDR-1000, but I
            >don't plan to use it with the Softrock Lite except for some tests.
            >
            >I plan to interface my K2 to the Softrock Lite; looks to be a simple
            >task. I will report results.
            >
            >Comments?
            >
            >73, Chas W1CG
            >

            >--
            >Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
          • Jose Bonanca
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 4, 2007
              Chas

              I was referring to version 6.32 of the softRock.
              Didn't realize you were talking about ROCKY.

              Thanks.

              --
              Jose Bonanca  (CT1aos)