dsPIC33F draws 106 mA @ 40 MIPS

  • John H. Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2005
      Hi Guys,

      I finally got the internal clock PLL working and cranked the clock
      up to 80 MHz which is 40 MIPS ( maxed out the chip). I was able to
      measure the current at 106 mA which isn't /too/ bad :-) Ironically I am
      powering off the Motorola MC9S08GB60 Demo board which happens to have a
      3.3 volt regulator :-) Now I know I need a 250 mA to 500 mA regulator or
      two AA (2000mAh) batteries for 20 hours of usage :-)

      --
      Regards,
      John

      email: k5jhf@...