Thoughts on the Miniboots amp with Softrock?

  • Bruce Conner
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2 12:06 PM
      I'm planning to add a miniboots type amp to my softrocks, but I'm in a
      bit of a puzzle with the 30/40 rig. I could make pluggable filters
      for the amp for each band, or rig up some diode switching to make
      locating the switch less critical, but then I began to wonder if it
      would work OK if I just used the output filter for 30 meters for both
      bands since they aren't multiples. It would save making and switching
      the multiple coils. Would this work, or would I end up sending out
      spurious stuff when I was transmitting on 40?

      I'd just build it and test it, but I don't access to a good spectrum
      analyzer.

      Any thoughts would be appreciated,

      Bruce
      WB8OGK
    • dick_faust
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2 3:05 PM
        Might try Kits and Parts he has nice filters. Could always add a
        cap to notch out the 3rd harmonic of 10M on the 20M low pass.

        http://www.kitsandparts.com/univlpfilter.asp

        Dick
        K9IVB

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Conner" <bruce.conner@...>