Re: [softrock40] RXTX V6.2 20/30M

  • Kees & Sandy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007

      Sounds like a happy SDR camper to me.

      73 Kees K5BCQ

      -- "kb2xj" <kb2xj@...> wrote:

      Assembly completed early this morning. No issues, works as advertised.
      U5, U6 replaced with 74ACT74's and U8 replaced with LTC6231 during
      assembly. DX coming through all morning, receiver sensitive enough!

      Jim - KB2XJ

    • n2pk2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
        Hi Jim,

        Glad to hear the build went well.

        >DX coming through all morning,

        Indeed, still going strong at 5 PM ET on 20m CW.

        Just worked OK1TN with 1 watt.

        73,
        Paul, N2PK
      • n2pk2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2007
          Hi Jim,

          OK on the DX.

          BTW, why you used 74ACT74's instead of the specified 74AC74?

          The ACT74 may clock higher but it's not an issue at 56 MHz.

          What I'm concerned about is that the ACT74 input threshold
          is about 1.4 VDC vs about 2.5 VDC for the AC74. The R58/R59
          resistor divider was chosen to match the AC74 input threshold.

          By leaving the R58/R59 divider the same with the ACT74, the
          symmetry is reduced and the negative pulse width is narrowed
          which actually aggravate the clocking.

          If you change R58/R59 to match the ACT74 threshold, then the
          negative input excursion may go below ground which isn't good
          either.

          73,
          Paul, N2PK