Re: [softrock40] Low-jitter oscillator generates any frequency from 1 0 MHz to 1.4 GHz

  • Kees & Sandy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2007

      The setup programming (and driving an LCD) could always be taken care of with a small PIC but I would be interested in the spurs it generats. I ought to drive by the place to see what size company it is or if they are importers.

      73 Kees K5BCQ

      -- k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

      At 12:42 PM 8/31/2007, you wrote:

      >Someone might want to check this link out.
      >
      ><http://www.elektor. com/news/ low-jitter- oscillator- generates- any-frequency- from-10-mhz- to-1-4-ghz. 237729.lynkx>http://www.elektor. com/news/ low-jitter- oscillator- generates- any-frequency- from-10-mhz- to-1-4-ghz. 237729.lynkx
      >
      >73,
      >Keith, W9KGY

      Just be aware what is low jitter to digital electronics is not the
      same thing to a radio, the radio requires way better specifications
      than a CPU or a shift register receiving serial data.

      I'm sure before long several people will look into it, we are all
      interested in a reasonable quality LO to give us mobility with the
      SoftRock while not breaking the bank.

      Also be aware that this part requires a CPU to program it every time
      you turn the power on or want to change the frequency, so the
      increase in price will be way more than the present cost of a SoftRock.

      Cecil
      KD5NWA
      www.softrockradio. org www.qrpradio. com