IF Tap Information

  • Bruce K3CMZ
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 10:14 AM
      Hi All

      As I was fooling around with the
      if taps on the recievers I have, a thought
      came into the grey area between my ears!

      "This system could use a matching circuit
      between the if tap and the sdr reciever I am using!"

      So, right in front of me was an Ameco PT-3 recieving
      preamplifer, with a tune knob and a gain knob.

      A few minutes later the PT-3 was connected between
      my main reciever and the sdr reciever I am using for
      the if frequency.

      Adjusting the tune knob made a big inprovement, the
      gain knob also helps. I am seeing what appears to be
      10 to 20 db gain on the panadaptor !!

      It might be worth looking at in your system !!

      Hope this will help someone.
      Bruce K3CMZ