Re: Rocky SDR software

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
      > The shape changes from mode to mode slightly, and more so when I
      > slide the spectrum, and even more so when I change to zoom slider -
      > from 600Hz down to 20Hz. Changing the volume to max alters the shape
      > dramaticaly - see grab 7054-3.

      Yeah, this does look to me like the audio feedback I described.
      Changing modes probably changes the appearance because of the change
      to the filter width and position. Changes due to change in volume
      are a rather obvious result.

      In my case, both the detected audio out and the I/Q in ran through
      Tony's D44 interface and the original grounding configuration allowed
      audio output current to flow on the I/Q input shields, coupling
      output audio onto the I/Q signal.

      In your case, I believe you are operating with nothing connected to
      the I/Q input, so it probably makes it easy to pick up the audio.
      Try terminating the I/Q input (or grounding these inputs).

      Dave