Re: 2.1. How does SDR work --- was: RE: [softrock40] SoftRock V6.2 - Function

  • Len Warner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 1:22 AM
      Why fork the thread from a perfectly usable subject line
      into one with very similar meaning but which is too long
      for Yahoo to handle properly?
      Meanwhile, the rest of the discussion continues elsewhere :-(

      At 3:48 pm ((PDT)) Thu Aug 2, 2007, dwarden2@... wrote:

      >The mixer creates the I and Q data and each contain radio data above and
      >below the LO frequency.
      >
      >On the Rocky software display the spike in the center is the obvious
      >indicator that this is happening.
      >
      >The spike is the zero hertz LO copy in reference to the actual LO.

      No it isn't, because the SoftRock output is capacitor coupled,
      so there is _no_ zero Hertz information in its output and
      precious little in the immediate vicinity.

      The SR Lite 6.2 has 0.1uF into the roughly 10K input impedance
      of the soundcard, so you can estimate the low frequency roll-off.

      And why repeat all of Patrick's question when you have already
      answered him or referred him somewhere else for the answers?

      Regards, LenW
      --
      From Yahoo! Groups Help: ... trim all the irrelevant quoted text
      out of your message (as a courtesy to the other members of