Re: powerSDR-sr40 center frequency

  • Guido
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
      On 8/1/07, Kalle Wagner <kwag@...> wrote:
      Hello again Guido......

      Thanks for your answer..........
      I have tryet to change the center frequensy in the Setup. Thats OK in RX possition, but in TX I get the information " out off the IARU band" !

      If you would bee so kind and make this change, and if possible on demand, i am one off the DDS/VFO-hams there would be happy!

      Thanks in advance Guido........
      73 de OZ5WK, Kalle.

      Kalle,

      I will have a look at it when I do an integrate in Flaxradio´s  PowerSDR version 1.9.0.

      There is a workaround possible. In the flexradio manual I found this:

      "The band text information underneath the frequency gives general information about the FCC Amateur bands as well as the Short Wave Radio bands and WWV. If not on a recognized frequency, the text will display "Out Of Band". If not in an amateur band, the text background will change from black to gray. Note that this information is only a lookup in a database and has no bearing on the current operating mode. This information can be edited in the BandText table using Microsoft Access."

      So, I think it would be sufficient to add an entry to the Microsoft Access tabel to say that the band -24kHz til 24 kHz is permitted.

      73, Guido.
    • Larry Clay
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
        > Did you try to set the Center Frequency field to zero ? This field
        is part
        > of the Setup > General > SoftRock options. I would expect that if
        you set
        > this to zero, the frequency read-out would be as you described
        > -24kHz..+24kHz, but maybe I am wrong (cannot check now).

        I just tried this and it works just fine. I used the prerecorded wave
        files from the Flex Radio site as a I/Q source since I don't have my
        RXTX6.2 completed yet.

        73
        Larry
        KB5DXY
      • Riho
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Guido <threeme3@...> wrote:

          > On 8/1/07, Kalle Wagner <kwag@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello again Guido......
          > >
          > > Thanks for your answer..........
          > > I have tryet to change the center frequensy in the Setup. Thats
          OK in RX
          > > possition, but in TX I get the information " out off the IARU
          band" !

          > > If you would bee so kind and make this change, and if possible on
          demand,
          > > i am one off the DDS/VFO-hams there would be happy!
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance Guido........
          > > 73 de OZ5WK, Kalle.
          > >

          > Kalle,
          >
          > I will have a look at it when I do an integrate in Flaxradio´s
          PowerSDR
          > version 1.9.0.
          > >
          > 73, Guido.

          Hello Guido,

          did you actually mean version 1.10.x ?

          Thanks a lot and waiting for your new releases !

          73, Riho ES7AAZ.