Re: powerSDR-sr40 center frequency

  • Guido
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
      From: "Kalle Wagner" <kwag@...>
      Hej Guido.......

      I use SDRadio and Rocky software.
      In both software it is possible to change the LO-frequency readout in the
      way that I put "0" in the middel off the frequensy diplay and will become
      +24kHz and -24kHz in the ends of the display.

      Now I have build a TX hardware to use together with the RX.
      To this purpose i have downloaded your development of PowerSDR-sr40.
      It works nice, but there is the problem that It is not possible to change
      the frequency to co-operate with the VFO on the display as I just describe!

      In  the KGKSDR software is it possible, but I find the sound and facilities
      are much better in PowerSDR-sr40!

      Will it be possible for you to make this change in the PowerSDR-sr40.
      software ?

      I am sure that we are many VFO-hams, there would appreciate this very much,
      Guido...!

      73 de OZ5WK, Kalle.

      Hello Kalle,

      Did you try to set the Center Frequency field to zero ? This field is part of the Setup > General > SoftRock options. I would expect that if you set this to zero, the frequency read-out would be as you described -24kHz..+24kHz, but maybe I am wrong (cannot check now).
      Is the field maybe not accepting zero? A workaround could be to set 1Hz.

      Do you want to change the center frequency on demand ??? (like in Rocky/KgkSDR/SDRadio/Winrad is possible) I understood that Winrad also have the ability to call an external API to propagate the settings to an DDS/VFO, once the center frequency is changed; I would like to see if I can adapt this scheme.

      Thanks for your interest in PowerSDR-sr40.

      73, Guido

    • Guido
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
        On 8/1/07, Kalle Wagner <kwag@...> wrote:
        Hello again Guido......

        Thanks for your answer..........
        I have tryet to change the center frequensy in the Setup. Thats OK in RX possition, but in TX I get the information " out off the IARU band" !

        If you would bee so kind and make this change, and if possible on demand, i am one off the DDS/VFO-hams there would be happy!

        Thanks in advance Guido........
        73 de OZ5WK, Kalle.

        Kalle,

        I will have a look at it when I do an integrate in Flaxradio´s  PowerSDR version 1.9.0.

        There is a workaround possible. In the flexradio manual I found this:

        "The band text information underneath the frequency gives general information about the FCC Amateur bands as well as the Short Wave Radio bands and WWV. If not on a recognized frequency, the text will display "Out Of Band". If not in an amateur band, the text background will change from black to gray. Note that this information is only a lookup in a database and has no bearing on the current operating mode. This information can be edited in the BandText table using Microsoft Access."

        So, I think it would be sufficient to add an entry to the Microsoft Access tabel to say that the band -24kHz til 24 kHz is permitted.

        73, Guido.
      • Larry Clay
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
          > Did you try to set the Center Frequency field to zero ? This field
          is part
          > of the Setup > General > SoftRock options. I would expect that if
          you set
          > this to zero, the frequency read-out would be as you described
          > -24kHz..+24kHz, but maybe I am wrong (cannot check now).

          I just tried this and it works just fine. I used the prerecorded wave
          files from the Flex Radio site as a I/Q source since I don't have my
          RXTX6.2 completed yet.

          73
          Larry
          KB5DXY
        • Riho
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3 11:42 PM
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Guido <threeme3@...> wrote:

            > On 8/1/07, Kalle Wagner <kwag@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello again Guido......
            > >
            > > Thanks for your answer..........
            > > I have tryet to change the center frequensy in the Setup. Thats
            OK in RX
            > > possition, but in TX I get the information " out off the IARU
            band" !

            > > If you would bee so kind and make this change, and if possible on
            demand,
            > > i am one off the DDS/VFO-hams there would be happy!
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance Guido........
            > > 73 de OZ5WK, Kalle.
            > >

            > Kalle,
            >
            > I will have a look at it when I do an integrate in Flaxradio´s
            PowerSDR
            > version 1.9.0.
            > >
            > 73, Guido.

            Hello Guido,

            did you actually mean version 1.10.x ?

            Thanks a lot and waiting for your new releases !

            73, Riho ES7AAZ.