Re: No PTT in with PowerSDR sr-40

  • Guido
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      On 7/28/07, philip_g7jur <philip_g7jur@...> wrote:
      I am using your latest build of PowerSDR sr40.
      The DSR and CTS pins of a Comport do send a dot and a dash, and PPT the Softrock. But they do not function as the PTT in, when the mode is not CW. I would like the PTT on my microphone to put Power SDR into to TX.
      I cannot get this to work.

      Hello Philip,

      It is true that the dot(dsr) / dash(cts) pins are only intended for CW use. It is maybe a good idea to use the dot input also as PTT in for other modes, however that would require a change in the code.
      Not sure if other software like Rocky/Kgksdr uses this principle, but I would like to keep the solution for this consistent with other software.

      For a temporary solution, you could use the PTT-in line on the parallel port (pin 12). As mentioned in [1] it is an inverted input; you could pull-up pin 12 with a resistor ( e.g. 10k) to +5V, while the PTT switch is connecting pin 12 to ground when pressed.

      Thanks for your interest in PowerSDR-sr40.

      73, Guido.

      [1] http://powersdr-sr40.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/powersdr-sr40/trunk/Documentation/PowerSDR-sr40_Setup.pdf