Is it possible with MATLAB?

  • Adnan Yusuf
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2007
      Hello all!
      For my final year project I am going to demonstrate the SDR concept by
      showing how we can define the reception of AM in software. It really
      earns us points if we do our projects in MATLAB. I just wanted to know
      whether it is possible to do the programming in MATLAB if I use this
      softrock kit. And please give me some tips on the approach.

      yours truly,
      Adnan Yusuf
    • Bill Dumke
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2007
        Adnan,

        I have never used MATLAB, but I understand it is the most used software
        for digital signal processing, because it is so much easier to create
        DLL files. I suspect that is because it is script based. (Please
        correct me if I am wrong on that.)

        I use Mathcad a lot both at home and work. It's graphical user
        interface is very easy to use especially for engineers, but I don't see
        it used much for digital signal processing development, although it is
        possible to write DLL files for it. I have used it for filtering and
        fourier processing of data files, but never tried anything in real time.

        Bill wa9pwr