Re: [softrock40]

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2005
      Hi Alex,

      Your 35.304 MHz crystal sounds just right to me. It will probably oscillate
      at around 35.4 MHz in the SoftRock40 oscillator circuit. This would divide
      down to 8.85 MHz and the SoftRock would then cover from 8.826 to 8.874 MHz.
      This would give you IF passband tuning at your IF frequency -4 kHz to +44
      kHz, more than required I would think.

      The 35.208 MHz crystal would be a little low in frequency for this
      application.

      One ham has reported great results using the SoftRock40 with his vintage
      Colins RX with a 455 kHz IF. Please let us all know how it works for you.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG