Rocky 3.31 - bug fix

  • Alex, VE3NEA
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2007
      Rocky 3.31 is available at http://www.dxatlas.com/rocky/RockySetup.zip .This
      is a
      maintenance release (no new features) that is supposed to fix the errors
      found in version 3.3. Please let me know if the my fix works.

      73 Alex VE3NEA
    • Roderick Wall
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
        Hi Alex,

        I've just downloaded and installed Rocky 3.31, so far is has been working ok, I only have one soundcard installed so I can only use Rocky in receive mode. I have just received for the 1st time ever a BPS31 station on 40m.  I read your instructions for BPS31 mode and found that I can also transmit BPS31 if I add a second soundcard. I am now looking for another soundcard that is suitable for Rocky and SDR use. The problem here in Australia is that good cheap soundcards are hard to obtain, and if I try to purchase one from the USA they won't sent it to Australia. Does anyone know where I can purchase a good PCI soundcard from?

        Thanks for Rocky, what about adding RTTY mode or Slow Scan TV?

        Regards,

        Roderick Wall, VK3BKO.

        maintenance release (no new features) that is supposed to fix the errors
        found in version 3.3. Please let me know if the my fix works.

        73 Alex VE3NEA

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
          Hi Roderick,

          A low cost soundcard, that I would think would be available in stores in Australia, could be selected in Rocky for the speaker audio output.  That would save your better soundcard line-out for TX use.

          73,
          Tony KB9YIG

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
            Hi Alex,

            I have installed Rocky 3.31. Some observations:

            - The S Meter has stopped
            - The occasional instability while switching modes has been fixed
            - The occasional instability while switching windows persists (fast
            scrolling waterfall and loud noise on the audio output)

            73,

            -- Edson, pu1jte, n1vtn jf1afn

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...> wrote:

            > Rocky 3.31 is available at
            http://www.dxatlas.com/rocky/RockySetup.zip .This
            > is a
            > maintenance release (no new features) that is supposed to fix the
            errors
            > found in version 3.3. Please let me know if the my fix works.
            >
            > 73 Alex VE3NEA

          • Roderick Wall
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
              Hi Tony,

              Thanks for your reply. That's interesting, it looks as if I can use a low cost (not so good) soundcard for the speaker output, but wouldn't this also be used for the receiver I/Q signals? Or, on the good soundcard I would I use the line in connect for the receiver I/Q signals, and the line out connector for the Transmitter I/Q signals. I don't know how Rocky uses the two soundcards, I only know that you need two soundcards. And I wouldn't have to use the phone connection on the TXv6.2 SoftRock?

              When I said a "good cheap soundcard" I was referring to a suitable GOOD soundcard that is cheap. Good and being suitable for SDR use.

              73,

              Roderick Wall, VK3BKO.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
                Hi Roderick,

                If you have an SDR quality soundcard along with a lower quality soundcard then you can select from Rocky setup for  RX on line-in and TX on line-out of the better soundcard.

                The second lower quality soundcard can then be selected in Rocky setup as the RX audio output to the speakers.

                I just tried the above with my Delta 44 soundcard, (using only inputs and output 1/2),  and the SoundMax soundcard in my PC.  Seems to work just fine.

                73,
                Tony KB9YIG

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
                  Hi Alex...
                   In version 3.31 there is no S-Meter measurements.
                  Thanks for the nice 3.3 which is working since the beginning.
                  And I saw no bugs. so far.
                  But 3.31 is not an improvement.

                  73

                  --
                  Jose Bonanca  (CT1aos)
                • keithlebaron

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
                      Downloaded the update and the s meter is working.

                      --
                      Earl  VE6/4Z4TJ
                    • John Young
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
                        Alex
                          I just downloaded 3.32 at 2215Z - I am still having problems that seemed to start with 3.3.
                        Program locks up with loud howl from output sound card.  Sometimes I can Ctl-Alt-Del and shut it down in the task manager - other times I have to power down.

                        Using an HP Pavilion with two sound cards - USB sound blaster and builtin sound card.

                           Until about a week ago Rocky has run without a single problem

                           I have noticed some problems making I/Q recordings.  Turning off every feature I don't need to record seems to help some.

                        Thanks for all the work you have given to the SDR crowd.

                        73 John WA8KNE

                        On 7/2/07, Alex, VE3NEA < alshovk@...> wrote:

                        Rocky 3.31 is available at http://www.dxatlas.com/rocky/RockySetup.zip .This
                        is a
                        maintenance release (no new features) that is supposed to fix the errors
                        found in version 3.3. Please let me know if the my fix works.

                        73 Alex VE3NEA

                        --
                        John D Young
                        WA8KNE