Re: [softrock40] 5 v resistance test off some

  • Steven Gorkowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi Tony

      After looking at the resistors R15 and R16 I put them
      in the wrong direction. Removing them now and
      installing them properly.

      Thanks

      Steve
      KB4MXO

      that gives answers, not web links.
    • Philip Hahn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
        Yup, R15 and R16 got me too the first time around. Of course the markings are right there on the board, for some reason the parts just wanted to go in the other direction :P

        Philip

        --- Tony Parks < raparks@...> wrote:

        > Hi Steve,
        >
        > Your resistance reading is enough off that I think
        > there may be a resistor or two not installed
        > properly.  Please look carefully at the mounting
        > positions of R15 and R16.  If these resistors were
        > mounted with their lead pairs in a horizontal row
        > rather than in the vertical column the resistance
        > from 5v to ground would be lowered below the
        > slightly more than 800 ohms value that is correct.
        >
        > 73,
        > Tony KB9YIG

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto: softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Steven Gorkowski
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
          Hi Phil

          I figured someone ran into this problem and had the
          fix. I now have the 814 ohm reading on the 5v bus. Its
          a blast to build this board.

          Steve
          Kb4mxo

          Need a vacation? Get great deals
          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          http://travel.yahoo.com/
        • Philip Hahn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
            Yup, me too. Mine is complete however I have no phone jack plugs :/ Further testing and use will have to wait until tomorrow ...

            awaiting anxiously,

            Phil, KI4VUP