Re: assembling RXTX 6.2 40/30 ...

  • R. R. Robson
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2007
      I have finished adding resistors and diodes to the board and have
      not yet layed in any transistors or inductors. I did the
      measurements and got:
      - for the 12V -- 1.3Megohm
      - for the 5V -- 993 ohms

      Is this appropriately within the letter AND spirit of "above 10K"
      and "slightly more than 800 ohms"?

      73 DE Robby WB5RVZ

      P.S. Tony: have you shipped the missing heat sinks yet?

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Hahn" <everphilski@...>
      wrote:

      > Almost, I am an aerospace engineer and I used to work on missile
      systems,
      > but now I work for the space program :P
      >
      > Thanks again everyone, excited to get on the air.
      >
      > Phil, KI4VUP
      >

      > On 6/30/07, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > At 03:21 PM 6/30/2007, you wrote:
      > > >This is why I should be banned from doing anything technical
      when I
      > > >have a migraine. :/
      > > >
      > > >Thanks for your patience and i can't wait to get this working
      > > >
      > > >73,
      > > >
      > > >Philip KI4VUP
      > >
      > > If you don't work on nuclear or biological weapons then it's not
      too bad.

      > > Cecil
      > > K5NWA
      > > www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com www.hpsdr.com
      > >
      > > "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2007
        Hi Robby,

        The 993 ohms sounds a bit high but may come down when the transistors are added to the board.

        I will check but I am pretty sure your missing TO18 heat sink was mailed.

        73,
        Tony KB9YIG

        wrote:

        > Almost, I am an aerospace engineer and I used to work on missile
        systems,
        > but now I work for the space program :P
        >
        > Thanks again everyone, excited to get on the air.
        >
        > Phil, KI4VUP
        >

        > On 6/30/07, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > At 03:21 PM 6/30/2007, you wrote:
        > > >This is why I should be banned from doing anything technical
        when I
        > > >have a migraine. :/
        > > >
        > > >Thanks for your patience and i can't wait to get this working
        > > >
        > > >73,
        > > >
        > > >Philip KI4VUP
        > >
        > > If you don't work on nuclear or biological weapons then it's not
        too bad.

        > > Cecil
        > > K5NWA
        > > www.softrockradio. org www.qrpradio. com www.hpsdr.com
        > >
        > > "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • JUAN AGUSTIN
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2007
          HELLO TONY.
          DO YOU SELL ANY TYPE OF KIT DE AMPLIFIER OF POTENCY FOR 5-10W FOR THE SOFTROCK 6.2???
          WHAT PROGRAM IS GOOD FOR TX-RX???
          THANK YOU.
          JUAN A.

        • Roderick Wall
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2, 2007
            Hi Juan,

            If you are looking for a Linear RF Amplifier for your RXTXv6.2 Transceiver then have a look in the group's file section for the "Softrock ORO station" folder, it shows a 15 watt linear amp. To get to the files section click on the files link at the bottom of this email.

            The software I am using with my RXTXv6.2 40m/30mm kit are:

            (1) MOKGK SDR Transceiver (only needs one soundcard to receive and transmit).

            (2) I will use "ROCKY" for transmit mode when I get a 2nd soundcard as ROCKY requires two soundcards to transmit, can only receive with one soundcard. From what Tony was saying I only need to have one good soundcard for RX and TX and then use a low cost cheap soundcard for the speaker. What I also like about ROCKY is that it has the BPS31 digital mode that is interesting. The new version of ROCKY can now also measure the VSWR. Alex has put a lot of work into ROCKY and it is free, thanks Alex.

            I have also used "Winrad" for receive mode only.

            I have "PowerSDR" but for some reason it is not working, On the screen I get a split in the noise level floor, will have a look at this problem when I get time as PowerSDR should be a good as it is also used with the SDR-1000. You need to have a special version of PowerSDR for SoftRock, :-).

            Hope this helps,

            73,

            Roderick Wall, VK3BKO.