Band Pass Filter Boards

  • David Brainerd
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2007
      I have designed a Band Pass Filter Board. The board is 1.5" by
      3.5". The layout includes 6 bandpass filters that can be up to 7 pole
      elliptic. The filters are switched by 2 cmos analog data
      selectors(FST3251). The filters are selected with 3 CMOS data lines
      which have pull-up resistors on-board to allow either mechanical
      switches or a processor to be used. The board also has a transformer
      on the input. My website has all the info include designs for 6
      filters which cover from 1.8 to 30 MHz. Click the "BPF" tab on the
      side. I will sell the boards for $8(USA) or $9(outside USA) postpaid.

      Dave - WB6DHW
      <http://users.wildblue.net/wb6dhw>
    • Bill Dumke
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2007
        David,

        I assume this filter board will only work in receive. Are you planning
        to make another one for transmit?

        Bill wa9pwr

      • brainerd@wildblue.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2007
          On 1 Jul 2007 at 17:31, Bill Dumke wrote:

          > David,
          >
          > I assume this filter board will only work in receive. Are you planning
          > to make another one for transmit?
          >
          > Bill wa9pwr

          Bill,
          Correct, unless it's QRPp! The smd coils will take only a few hundred mA and the switches
          are only rated at 3.3V.
          I have a design I did a while ago for a single transmit filter board with a relay on the input
          and output and using toroids that could handle at least several hundred watts. If there is
          interest, I could get some of them produced after I get the 995x board production
          going(should be later this month).

          Dave - WB6DHW
          <http://users.wildblue.net/wb6dhw>
        • Andrew O. Ojwang
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2007
            I just looked at your BPF filter designs, good idea.

            I am putting a tunable BPF filter together, but it has too many
            switches, but never considered using CMOS logic to switch, time to
            recall my digital logic.

            Andrew(5Z4FT/KI4LTH)
          • Lester Veenstra M0YCM K1YCM
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2, 2007

              Now, if only some brave soul would offer a kit of parts as on an individual basis, this looks like no fun to get small quantities of these.

              Lester B Veenstra  M0YCM K1YCM

              US Postal Address:

              PSC 45 Box 781
              APO AE 09468 USA

              UK Postal Address:

              Dawn Cottage
              Norwood, Harrogate
              HG3, 1SD  UK

              Telephones:

              Office             +44-(0)1423-846-385

              Home:           +44-(0)1943-880-963

              UK Cell          +44-(0)7716-298-224

              US Cell          +1-240-425-7335

              Jamaica        +1-876-352-7504

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2, 2007
                On 2 Jul 2007 at 17:10, Lester Veenstra M0YCM K1YCM wrote:

                > Now, if only some brave soul would offer a kit of parts as on an individual basis, this looks like no
                > fun to get small quantities of these.
                >
                > Lester B Veenstra M0YCM K1YCM

                There is a person on the dds_controller group doing a group buy on the
                coilcraft coils for the filters. All of the other parts except the input transformer
                are available from DigiKey.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 4, 2007
                  Dave,

                  Which DDS_Controller group? Did you mean the DDS_VFO group on Yahoo.

                  Bill wa9pwr

                • brainerd@wildblue.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 4, 2007
                    On 4 Jul 2007 at 13:59, Bill Dumke wrote:

                    > Dave,
                    >
                    > Which DDS_Controller group? Did you mean the DDS_VFO group on Yahoo.
                    >
                    > Bill wa9pwr

                    This group.

                    Dave - WB6DHW
                    <http://users.wildblue.net/wb6dhw>
                  • Terry
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 4, 2007
                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bill Dumke <billd@...> wrote:

                      > Dave,
                      >
                      > Which DDS_Controller group? Did you mean the DDS_VFO group on Yahoo.
                      >
                      > Bill wa9pwr

                      snip

                      Nope, there is another Yahoo group set up for Dave's boards.

                      It is at:

                      Terry