Re: [softrock40] RXTX 6.2 inductors

  • RAY
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2007
      are you counting the the first wire through as one turn - if you count a
      complete loop as one tumr (thru around and thru) that is two turns.

      73, Ray
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1 5:56 AM
        I am measuring at 7 MHz and I have not thought of a handy way to verify the calibration of the instrument. I will give it some thought. I will get back to you with the measured values that I noted.

        I was moving right along with the measurement technique after finding it very hard to keep track of the turns as I wound them (old guy, short term memory problems!) when it occurred to me the method may be at fault. I expect I am going to get to do them all again.

        I am working under the influence antibiotics for a while so I don't think my problems are indicators of anything regarding the kit!

        John Ferrell    W8CCW
        "Life is easier if you learn to plow
               around the stumps"
        http://DixieNC.US
        Please post what inductance you are seeing with the various inductors.  Do you have a way of checking the calibration of your MFJ-269?

        Thanks and 73,
        Tony KB9YIG

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3 6:26 AM
          I did not note the differences between the specs and what I fabricated. I am at the point of installing connectors & final checkout. I will probably need to go back rework the inductors but I would like to press forward for now.

          I have also discovered that my code skills have slipped to darn near unusable.