Re: [QRP-L] (no subject)

  • KD5NWA
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 28, 2005
      We are in the process of backing up and punting instead. I've been
      advised to move the crystal frequency of SR-40 by 12KHz on the low or
      on the high side, to get away from some of the noise in the center of
      the receivers band.

      Not an easy job due to lack of crystals at those high frequencies, I
      found one 17 KHz low, too low for my taste. I'll be checking for
      something closer later when I get a break.

      Any guesses as to how low could I pull a 35.328 MHz crystal? 48KHz lower?

      I kept the names of the interested parties, and will keep you posted.

      At 01:03 PM 9/28/2005, Garey Barrell wrote:
      >Cecil -
      >
      >Please put me down for one of the 8.830 MHz units.
      >
      >PayPal?
      >
      >Thanks for doing this for us!
      >
      >73, Garey - K4OAH
      >Atlanta
      >
      >Drake C-Line Service Manual
      ><http://www.k4oah.com>
      >

      >Cecil Bayona wrote:
      >

      >>If one or two guys/gals are interested in getting a OSC module for
      >>8.830MHz the Kenwood panoramic output on the back of the radio, let
      >>me know before tomorrow night and I'll include an extra module for
      >>you for cost + shipping. I'll send a last call before sending out
      >>the purchase order.
      >
      >Cecil Bayona
      >KD5NWA
      >www.qrpradio.com
      >
      >'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then
      >beat you with experience.'
    • Bill Tracey
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 1, 2005
        When tuning an SDR 1000, if spur reduction is turned off, the DDS is tuner
        11025 khz below the frequency of interest and the software (DttSP)
        oscillator is set to -11025 khz to recover the frequency of interest. This
        works well but for the spurs from the DDS.

        If spur reduction is turned on (the normal case) the DDS is tuned to the
        nearest low spur point (as documented by some of the AD docs) and then
        DttSP oscillator is set to an appropriate value to recover the signal of
        interest. This generally results in a DttSP oscillator value between -9.5
        and -12.5 khz.

        On the SoftRock all the tuning is done with the DttSP oscillator and it
        ranges over +/- 24 khz - giving a tuning range of 48 khz.

        Regards,

        Bill (kd5tfd)