  • KD5NWA
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2005
      For people interested in using the SR-40 for dedicated purpose, I was
      nosing through the Mouser Catalog on line and they have for
      reasonable prices both crystals and little 3.3Volt oscillator modules
      to move the SoftRock 40 to the following useful frequencies;

      3.579 MHz 80 Meter watering hole, changes to filter needed (14.318 MHz)
      4.912 MHz Popular IF frequency, changes to filter needed (19.660 MHz)
      8.830 MHz Kenwood IF frequency, no changes to the filter (35.328MHz)
      9.0 MHz Ten-Tec and popular IF frequency, no changes to the filter (36 MHz)

      Some of those frequencies come out a KHz or thereabout off the
      correct frequency, but since the SR-40 can tune +- 24 KHz it comes
      out in the wash.

      The crystals are anywhere from $.42 to about $2, and the complete
      modules are from $1.92 to $3

      I'm going to get me some crystals and Osc. modules for 8.830, and
      crystals for the rest, to play around with.

      Nothing like a SR-40 with a TS-940sat for a front end, talk about
      opposite ends of the spectrum, it will be my SR-40 that can go
      everywhere with one heck of a front end, or my TS-940sat with
      Panoramic display.

      If one or two guys/gals are interested in getting a OSC module for
      8.830MHz the Kenwood panoramic output on the back of the radio, let
      me know before tomorrow night and I'll include an extra module for
      you for cost + shipping. I'll send a last call before sending out the
      purchase order.

      Cecil Bayona
      KD5NWA
      www.qrpradio.com

      'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then
      beat you with experience.'