Re: Switches vs Mixers

  • aaintil
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 3, 2007
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Marco IK1ODO <ik1odo@...> wrote:

      > The QSD mixer could be further improved; I'm working (currently
      very
      > part-time) on this topic. See
      > http://www.spin-it.com/sdr/ik1odo_sdr1.html and
      > http://www.spin-it.com/sdr/ik1odo_sdr2.html
      >
      > 73 - Marco IK1ODO / AI4YF

      Hi Marco et al,

      I decided to add some modifications of that development work. See in
      the Files section the simulation and schematic diagrams related to
      Marco's excellent work:
      IQSDsim.zip

      If you have the free simulation program TINA from TI, you can use
      your creative imagination and may see very interesting results.

      73, Ahti OH2RZ
    • Kees & Sandy
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 3, 2007

        Ahti,

        Thank you for sending this informative note. I was not aware of the TINA-TI software and it looks very usefull. The other item is those fast break before make switches. Previously I had ordered some TS5A23157DGSR and TS5A3357DCUR switches which have "sample-and-hold" listed as an application (which in my mind is basically "signal gating/switching"). The 74VC1G series actually spells out applications like "signal chopping" and "signal multiplexing for A-D or D-A conversions" (which in my mind implies a design point directed towards what we need for SDR). The specifications support that.

        TI actually has a "potential use" category of "SDR" now

        73 Kees K5BCQ

        -- "aaintil" <aaintil@...> wrote:

        --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, Marco IK1ODO <ik1odo@...> wrote:

        > The QSD mixer could be further improved; I'm working (currently
        very
        > part-time) on this topic. See
        > http://www.spin- it.com/sdr/ ik1odo_sdr1. html and
        > http://www.spin- it.com/sdr/ ik1odo_sdr2. html
        >
        > 73 - Marco IK1ODO / AI4YF

        Hi Marco et al,

        I decided to add some modifications of that development work. See in
        the Files section the simulation and schematic diagrams related to
        Marco's excellent work:
        IQSDsim.zip

        If you have the free simulation program TINA from TI, you can use
        your creative imagination and may see very interesting results.

        73, Ahti OH2RZ

      • Jim Miller
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 4, 2007
          74VC1G series

          is this a TI product? is it spelled right? i couldn't find any info on it.

          73

          jim ab3cv

              > is this a TI product? is it spelled right? i couldn't find any info
              on it.

              > 73
              >
              > jim ab3cv

              Jim,
              Try this:
              <http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/sn74lvc1g3157.html>

              Ahti OH2RZ
            • Jim Miller
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 5, 2007
                kees

                thanks. i thought i was missing another new part in the alphabet soup of 74xx offerings.

                73

                jim ab3cv