Re: [softrock40] On the RXTXv6.2, where do I connect the phones to, when using a Single Soundcard Audio Setup?

  • Roderick Wall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
      Thanks Tony,

      It's just that I couldn't see any phone connections on the circuit for the RXTXv6.2 and wondered where I needed to connect it.

      I did a search for the Rocky 3.x serial interface circuit or kit but couldn't find it, do you know where I can get these?

      I will look forward to receiving the RXTX kits and getting them working.

      Thanks for your time and help,

      Roderick Wall, VK3BKO.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
        Hi Roderick,

        I have a limited number of the Rocky 3.x serial interface kits at $4 per kit which includes postage to US or DX locations.  The kit includes the PCB, 9-pin D connector, two resistors and two capacitors.  The kit does not include the external wiring or paddle jack.

        73,
        Tony KB9YIG

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
          Hi Tony - Does Softrock Lite have the ability to work
          with headphones too? 73's - Norm K9NK
          --- Tony Parks <raparks@...> wrote:

          > Hi Roderick,
          >
          > The RXTXv6.2 board also has the phones output in the
          > same corner of the board as the v6.1 board. I will
          > update the RXTXv6.2 board file to show the phones
          > output. The documentation for the RXTXv6.2 kit is
          > being updated in the next six or seven days prior to
          > kit shipments after June 11.
          >
          > 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

        • Roderick Wall
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
            Hi Norman,

            I would think that the SoftRock Lite doesn't need the phones to be on the Receiver board because the Receiver is only Simplex (one way receive) where the RXTX board is a Transceiver with Half Duplex (Receive one way then switched to transmit the other way). Therefore the Phones (receive) needs to be on the RXTX board when using only one Soundcard.

            Regards,

            Roderick Wall, VK3BKO.

            --- Tony Parks <raparks@ctcisp. com> wrote:

            > Hi Roderick,
            >
            > The RXTXv6.2 board also has the phones output in the
            > same corner of the board as the v6.1 board. I will
            > update the RXTXv6.2 board file to show the phones
            > output. The documentation for the RXTXv6.2 kit is
            > being updated in the next six or seven days prior to
            > kit shipments after June 11.
            >
            > 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.