Re: [softrock40] Re: A few more thoughts to bounce around

  • RAY
    Message 1 of 41 , May 31, 2007
      Hi Francis,

      Thanks for your response - could you share a little of your experience and
      how the project went. Did you have any significant issues to over come
      etc.? Please let us how you did this - Does the RACAL have a 455Khz IF ??

      73, Ray, N0FY

      Message 41 of 41 , May 31, 2007
        The 718 has a 1st IF at 64.45Mhz followed by a XTAL filter at 64.45 +/-
        7.5Khz at 6db and then we do the 455Khz IF. So the choices are limited and
        I don't think we can get a softrock up to 65Mhz. So I would tend to focus a
        little ahead of the multi-filters 455Khz filters (that would give us a
        rather tight window of 15Khz at -6db points but we would do the tuning with
        the 718. this kind of blows the PANORAMIC thing but we would still have a
        very good IF- DSP Receiver.

        73, Ray, N0FY