Soundblaster Audigy 2 at 96khz - helpful hint

  • zl2cv
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2007
      I picked up an old Soundblaster Audigy 2 PCI card the other day -
      hoping that it would work at 96khz with the latest Creative Drivers.

      It does work nicely - but not without a bit of fiddling.

      I user PowerSDR from FlexRadio - and the Audigy 2 needs to be set up
      as an unsupported card - but the trick to getting it working well is
      to switch 'Manual Latency' in the audio setup. (Don't ask me why).

      Setup->Audio-> click the 'Expert' checkbox and then set manual latency
      to 120ms - works for me.

      If I don't do this - the audio stutters and sounds like a 2m auroral
      signal.

      This hint may be useful to others with Creative cards that purport to
      work at 96khz.

      73 Julian ZL2CV