I want to buy any completely built softrock kit.

  • Philip Migdal- K6PNM
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2007
      Hi all,

      I am just getting into SDR and am interested in the radio kits I have
      read about in this interest group. My problem is, at my age and physical
      condition I could no longer do the detailed soldering required for kit
      building. I can and do make cables, antennas and some equipment mods.

      If anyone out there has a completed kit which is surplus to them, please
      quote me a price for any thing you no longer need or want.

      Thanks and 73,

      Phil

      K6PNM
    • oldtimes60
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2007
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Migdal- K6PNM"
        <pmigdal@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I am just getting into SDR and am interested in the radio kits I have
        > read about in this interest group. My problem is, at my age and physical
        > condition I could no longer do the detailed soldering required for kit
        > building. I can and do make cables, antennas and some equipment mods.
        >
        > If anyone out there has a completed kit which is surplus to them, please
        > quote me a price for any thing you no longer need or want.
        >
        > Thanks and 73,

        Hello Phil, surface mount isn't my cup of tea either, took all the fun
        out of kit building. There is a kit selling on ebay that is all
        through-hole. He also has built receivers on sell from time to time.
        Go to ebay and search for item # 190108790008

        73'
        Lew.
      • olivier_maillard2000
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2007
          Hi Phill,
          If you order the soft rock to Toni's and ask him to ship it at my
          address, I will be happy to assemble it for you, just for the fun !

          73's de Olivier
          HB9TOB

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "oldtimes60" <oldtimes60@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Migdal- K6PNM"
          > <pmigdal@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > I am just getting into SDR and am interested in the radio kits I
          have
          > > read about in this interest group. My problem is, at my age and
          physical
          > > condition I could no longer do the detailed soldering required
          for kit
          > > building. I can and do make cables, antennas and some equipment
          mods.

          > > If anyone out there has a completed kit which is surplus to them,
          please
          > > quote me a price for any thing you no longer need or want.
          > >
          > > Thanks and 73,
          > >

          > Hello Phil, surface mount isn't my cup of tea either, took all the
          fun
          > out of kit building. There is a kit selling on ebay that is all
          > through-hole. He also has built receivers on sell from time to time.
          > Go to ebay and search for item # 190108790008
          >
          > 73'
          > Lew.

        • D. Mynatt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
            Hi- Are you still open to assemble a kit?  I have a 10.7 Softrock I need help with, and I can have Tony ship to you if you're still available. I have no hope of doing it myself. How much would you charge?

            Dave
            NAME: Dave
            QTH:  Pueblo, CO USA
            CALL: KA0SWT