v6.1rx/tx , testing tx using iq gen

  • ian mcphedran
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      Hello all, I have reached the tx testing stage and following the construction instructions.
      My system is set up using Tony's d44 connection board for line i/p and o/p as well as the speaker out. I am also using his rs232 board to connect the PTT line and earth and the keyer to my serial port.
      When I put 12v dc on the PTT line the rx mutes and then when I connect the ant to a 50 ohm load and "start" IQ Gen nothing happens, in that there is no sign of an output at the load nor any sign of an input on R3 and R9. I have set both I and Q for 5khz and adjusted their amplitudes with no result. I have checked dl6iak's web page but it gives no clues as to where the signals generated go, I presumed to the line out leads.
      Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong please?