SOUND CARD RECOMMENDATION

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hello,
      I'm looking for a sound card for software radio demod purposes. I
      would like to know if the Delta 44 is the only recommended sound card?
      Are there any cheaper ones? Is the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 any good?
      Thanks,
      Frank
    • Bill Dumke
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
        Frank,

        The Delta 66 is fine as well. But no advantage over the Delta 44. I
        have used an Audigy 2 with success before I got my Delta 44. It does
        work fine at 96 kHz sampling, but it is noisier than the Delta 44. From
        what I read on the list, some of the Audigy 2 successors do not work well.

        Bill wa9pwr.