Re: [softrock40] RSGB Radcom

  • Clive Lorton
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 7:10 AM
      Nigel wrote "To the rest of the world it gives a very unfair impression of
      softrock performance."

      I too was disappointed that this was printed but if he had purchased through
      Tony he would already know about the excellent support group here.

      If no one responds who lives nearer to Alan I'll try to contact by phone next
      week.

      73, Clive G8POC
    • Richard Bown
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 7:31 AM
        gandalfg8@... wrote:

        > richard.bown@... writes:
        >

        > From the sound of the letter , it looks like a ready built one,
        > probably purchased from W&S in the UK
        > I don't kwnow if W&S are building them or buying ready built from
        > Tony ?
        >
        > ------------------------
        >
        > He states quite clearly he bought the kit and built up the circuit
        > board but it didn't say where he bought it.
        >

        > I thought it a very odd letter to send to RadCom and even more odd
        > that they should publish it.
        > It worries me that perhaps the new RadCom editor might not be such a
        > welcome replacement for the old one after all.
        >
        > We know that someone else tried it with a different PC, and with
        > similar problems, but neither of these two, nor the editor, seems to
        > have questioned whether or not there might be a construction problem.
        >
        > To the rest of the world it gives a very unfair impression
        > of softrock performance.
        > To those of us in the know it gives the impression, also perhaps
        > unfair, that these two and the RadCom editor are idiots, or, at the
        > very least, much more "amateur" than one might expect.
        >
        > Whoops
        > rant over:-)
        >
        > Just a bit biased here, as the previous, relatively short
        > lived, editor of RadCom showed strong signs at times of wanting to
        > run it more in the style of The Ladies Home Journal:-)
        >
        > Nigel
        > GM8PZR
        >
        > OK , just checked and I did misread it, but stll nort the right place
        > to winge

        -- Richard
        Registered Linux user 365161
        Ham Call G8JVM