Re: [softrock40] Re: RXTXv6.1 kits status March 31.

  • FRANCIS CARCIA
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 1 6:50 AM
      A quad hybrid in an SR 7 would provide a 90 degree phase shift over a wide range. The RC delay only works over a short frequency range. gfz

      kj1k_fn32jk <skimpel@...> wrote:
      I think the overtone crystal is a good idea, would that reopen the
      possibility of units, like the discontinued SR7, that are intended to
      operate on 28 MHz and/or 50 MHz?

      Also, I have built a DDS-60 to allow some frequency agility. Perhaps
      it would be desireable to have a defined way to interface VFOs such as
      the DDS-60 to the SR boards.

      Thank you for the good work.

      I have built 3 SR units so far with the SRv6 working perfectly and
      some issues regarding performance on a SR7 and a SRv6.1 Lite.

      73... Sigurd Kimpel, KJ1K

      --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@... > wrote:

      > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
      > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
      >
      > Thanks and 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • olivier_maillard2000
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 2 4:01 AM
        It will be very nice to include on the PCB the possibility to mount a
        DDS and a filter or a "standard" quartz oscillator. A jumper may also
        be included to select the clock source.

        73's de Olivier HB9TOB

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jeffuzs" <jeff.diplock@...> wrote:

        > I would be very interested in a second kit (already built 6.1 and
        > works well except for the points made in post No 9769) if it was
        > suitable for up to say 30MHZ or possibly higher.
        > Many thanks Tony.
        > 73
        > Jeff GW3UZS--- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Good Morning All,
        > >
        > > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
        > about
        > > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a
        second
        > run
        > > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board.
        Changes
        > from
        > > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
        > removal
        > > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
        > changes.
        > >
        > > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an
        overtone
        > type
        > > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
        > >
        > > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
        > > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
        > >
        > > Thanks and 73,
        > > Tony KB9YIG

      • George
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 2 8:40 PM
          Tony

          Will it be your intensions that the new RXTXv6.2 would be a 3 band
          unit?
          Say 20/40/80?

          George WD8NHI

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

          > Good Morning All,
          >
          > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
          about
          > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second
          run
          > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes
          from
          > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
          removal
          > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
          changes.

          > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone
          type
          > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
          >
          > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
          > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
          >
          > Thanks and 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

        • imitchel4you
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 2 9:39 PM
            Hi Tony,

            I wonder if you might consider one of the PLL clock multiplier devices
            like the ICS502 as a clock source. It is an 8 pin SOIC (so no more
            difficult to use than any of the other ICs in the kits), has a crystal
            oscillator (so you can use the oscillator output directly) and a PLL
            with multiplication factors of 2, 2.5, 3, 3.3, 4, and 5, using a 2 bit
            input control word. Other devices have x6 and x8. The max output
            frequency is 160MHz.

            It might be useful to get into the higher bands.

            Many thanks for your efforts so far, and best of luck with the new
            round of kits.

            Cheers, Ian

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

            > Good Morning All,
            >
            > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
            > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
            > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
            > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
            > of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.
            >
            > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
            > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
            >
            > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
            > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
            >
            > Thanks and 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG

          • george quarterman
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 3 2:17 AM
              Tony.
              Please continue with the 20m kits.
              Very many thanks for all your efforts and excellent designs.
              73,George.G3NHX.
            • radman2uk2002
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 9 10:53 AM
                Hi Tony,
                I am another definitely interested in a 20m
                version or dare I ask 20/15m. I have just completed the 40/30m
                version and all appears to be working great although I have
                yet to measure power output. Thanks for producing a superb
                piece of gear.
                73,
                Dave, G4WXJ

                > > Good Morning All,
                > >
                > > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
                > about
                > > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second
                > run
                > > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes
                > from
                > > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
                > removal
                > > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
                > changes.
                > >
                > > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone
                > type
                > > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                > >
                > > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                > > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                > >
                > > Thanks and 73,
                > > Tony KB9YIG

              • Jose Bonanca
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 9 11:05 AM
                  Ok Tony,
                  I have just finished the 40/80 kit. everything looks great. Didn't finish before because of the holidays but now ready to start testing
                  Thanks to a great satisfaction in building this nice kit.

                  I am also in the 20mtrs version.
                  Go ahead please.

                  --
                  Jose Bonanca  (CT1aos)
                • John Young
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 5, 2007
                    Tony
                        I have been trying to sort out the RXTX kit status from the messages and am lost.
                    I built the first softrock40 when it was first released and am still impressed every time I use it.

                    What is the current status of kit?

                    Is there a web site I can refer to for the latest information?

                    Thanks for all your work.
                    73 John
                    WA8KNE

                    --
                    John D Young
                    WA8KNE
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 6, 2007
                      Suggestions:
                      1. optional circuit at the first FF (JP1 pin 2) to drive the board
                      with a DDS60. The curcuit needs 50 ohm load, coupling cap, and two
                      100K bias resistors to set input at Vcc/2.

                      2. PTT out goes 0 to 5 volts. Would like an option for open drain PTT
                      out.

                      3. On-board Xmit LED.

                      Some day I would like to see a vfo and phase detector in place of the
                      crystals for use with a DDS.

                      Andy WA3LTJ