Re: RXTXv6.1 kits status March 31.

  • kj1k_fn32jk
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
      I think the overtone crystal is a good idea, would that reopen the
      possibility of units, like the discontinued SR7, that are intended to
      operate on 28 MHz and/or 50 MHz?

      Also, I have built a DDS-60 to allow some frequency agility. Perhaps
      it would be desireable to have a defined way to interface VFOs such as
      the DDS-60 to the SR boards.

      Thank you for the good work.

      I have built 3 SR units so far with the SRv6 working perfectly and
      some issues regarding performance on a SR7 and a SRv6.1 Lite.

      73... Sigurd Kimpel, KJ1K

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

      > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
      > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
      >
      > Thanks and 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • cesco12342000
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 1, 2007
        The softrock rxtx is regularly outperforming
        the ft1000 in digital modes rx.

        A 20m rxtx would be a nice thing !
      • Clive Lorton
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 1, 2007
          Tony,

          I too would be very interested in a 20m kit.

          Your input to our hobby is very much appreachated.

          Clive G8POC
        • FRANCIS CARCIA
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 1, 2007
            A quad hybrid in an SR 7 would provide a 90 degree phase shift over a wide range. The RC delay only works over a short frequency range. gfz

            kj1k_fn32jk <skimpel@...> wrote:
            I think the overtone crystal is a good idea, would that reopen the
            possibility of units, like the discontinued SR7, that are intended to
            operate on 28 MHz and/or 50 MHz?

            Also, I have built a DDS-60 to allow some frequency agility. Perhaps
            it would be desireable to have a defined way to interface VFOs such as
            the DDS-60 to the SR boards.

            Thank you for the good work.

            I have built 3 SR units so far with the SRv6 working perfectly and
            some issues regarding performance on a SR7 and a SRv6.1 Lite.

            73... Sigurd Kimpel, KJ1K

            --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@... > wrote:

            > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
            > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
            >
            > Thanks and 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG

          • olivier_maillard2000
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 2, 2007
              It will be very nice to include on the PCB the possibility to mount a
              DDS and a filter or a "standard" quartz oscillator. A jumper may also
              be included to select the clock source.

              73's de Olivier HB9TOB

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jeffuzs" <jeff.diplock@...> wrote:

              > I would be very interested in a second kit (already built 6.1 and
              > works well except for the points made in post No 9769) if it was
              > suitable for up to say 30MHZ or possibly higher.
              > Many thanks Tony.
              > 73
              > Jeff GW3UZS--- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Good Morning All,
              > >
              > > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
              > about
              > > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a
              second
              > run
              > > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board.
              Changes
              > from
              > > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
              > removal
              > > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
              > changes.
              > >
              > > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an
              overtone
              > type
              > > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
              > >
              > > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
              > > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
              > >
              > > Thanks and 73,
              > > Tony KB9YIG

            • George
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 2, 2007
                Tony

                Will it be your intensions that the new RXTXv6.2 would be a 3 band
                unit?
                Say 20/40/80?

                George WD8NHI

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

                > Good Morning All,
                >
                > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
                about
                > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second
                run
                > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes
                from
                > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
                removal
                > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
                changes.

                > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone
                type
                > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                >
                > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                >
                > Thanks and 73,
                > Tony KB9YIG

              • imitchel4you
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 2, 2007
                  Hi Tony,

                  I wonder if you might consider one of the PLL clock multiplier devices
                  like the ICS502 as a clock source. It is an 8 pin SOIC (so no more
                  difficult to use than any of the other ICs in the kits), has a crystal
                  oscillator (so you can use the oscillator output directly) and a PLL
                  with multiplication factors of 2, 2.5, 3, 3.3, 4, and 5, using a 2 bit
                  input control word. Other devices have x6 and x8. The max output
                  frequency is 160MHz.

                  It might be useful to get into the higher bands.

                  Many thanks for your efforts so far, and best of luck with the new
                  round of kits.

                  Cheers, Ian

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

                  > Good Morning All,
                  >
                  > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
                  > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
                  > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
                  > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
                  > of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.
                  >
                  > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
                  > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                  >
                  > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                  > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                  >
                  > Thanks and 73,
                  > Tony KB9YIG

                • george quarterman
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 3, 2007
                    Tony.
                    Please continue with the 20m kits.
                    Very many thanks for all your efforts and excellent designs.
                    73,George.G3NHX.
                  • radman2uk2002
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 9, 2007
                      Hi Tony,
                      I am another definitely interested in a 20m
                      version or dare I ask 20/15m. I have just completed the 40/30m
                      version and all appears to be working great although I have
                      yet to measure power output. Thanks for producing a superb
                      piece of gear.
                      73,
                      Dave, G4WXJ

                      > > Good Morning All,
                      > >
                      > > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
                      > about
                      > > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second
                      > run
                      > > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes
                      > from
                      > > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
                      > removal
                      > > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
                      > changes.
                      > >
                      > > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone
                      > type
                      > > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                      > >
                      > > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                      > > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks and 73,
                      > > Tony KB9YIG

                    • Jose Bonanca
                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 9, 2007
                        Ok Tony,
                        I have just finished the 40/80 kit. everything looks great. Didn't finish before because of the holidays but now ready to start testing
                        Thanks to a great satisfaction in building this nice kit.

                        I am also in the 20mtrs version.
                        Go ahead please.

                        --
                        Jose Bonanca  (CT1aos)
                      • John Young
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 5, 2007
                          Tony
                              I have been trying to sort out the RXTX kit status from the messages and am lost.
                          I built the first softrock40 when it was first released and am still impressed every time I use it.

                          What is the current status of kit?

                          Is there a web site I can refer to for the latest information?

                          Thanks for all your work.
                          73 John
                          WA8KNE

                          --
                          John D Young
                          WA8KNE
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 6, 2007
                            Suggestions:
                            1. optional circuit at the first FF (JP1 pin 2) to drive the board
                            with a DDS60. The curcuit needs 50 ohm load, coupling cap, and two
                            100K bias resistors to set input at Vcc/2.

                            2. PTT out goes 0 to 5 volts. Would like an option for open drain PTT
                            out.

                            3. On-board Xmit LED.

                            Some day I would like to see a vfo and phase detector in place of the
                            crystals for use with a DDS.

                            Andy WA3LTJ