Re: [softrock40] Suitable antenna to test softrock on 40M ?

  • FRANCIS CARCIA
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2007
      67 foot dipole fed with 50 ohm coax as high as you can get it. Inverted Vee or Sloper also works.

      Greg Clark <k7rkt@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I'm new to HF, and slowly building up my 6.1 TX/RX kit.  Been reading a lot about 40 meter antennas, and I think I've got a pretty good idea of what my options are for the long run.

      BUt, short term, what to do?  What's the easiest (ie, smallest) antenna I can build to check out the RX section on the softrock?  Just need something to start with.  Don't need much in the way of performance, just something that will let me receive something... .anything. ....

      Ideas?

      -- Greg, K7RKT