RXTXv6.1 kits status March 31.

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
      Good Morning All,

      With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
      100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
      of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
      the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
      of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.

      One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
      oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.

      I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
      concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • Bruce K3CMZ
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
        On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:10:39 +0000, you wrote:

        > softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        Yes Tony
        A 20meter Kit would be Very Nice!
        Bruce K3CMZ
      • ad9850
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
          Hi Tony,

          please continue with a second run of the RXTX kits. There is
          especially interest in a 20m version!

          Thanks and 73

          Bodo, DJ9CS
        • Neal Campbell
          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
            I also agree on a 20 meter kit being very desirable!

            73
            Neal k3nc
          • Ozzie Diaz
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
              GM Tony,

              YES...20 meters kit would be great.

              Many thanks for all your efforts.
              73

              Ozzie, w6icm

              kb9yig <raparks@...> wrote:
              Good Morning All,

              With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
              100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
              of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
              the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
              of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.

              One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
              oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.

              I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
              concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.

              Thanks and 73,
              Tony KB9YIG

              Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
              in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

            • Sanger, Joseph
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007

                I am interested in a 20m kit, Tony

                kb9yig <raparks@ctcisp. com> wrote:

                Good Morning All,

                With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
                100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
                of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
                the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
                of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.

                One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
                oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.

                I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.

                Thanks and 73,
                Tony KB9YIG

                This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

              • John Melton
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
                  I would be interested in a 20m version.

                  Regards,

                  John g0orx/n6lyt

                  --
                  John Melton
                  Sun IT CTO Office

                  kb9yig wrote:

                  > Good Morning All,
                  >
                  > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
                  > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
                  > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
                  > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
                  > of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.
                  >
                  > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
                  > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                  >
                  > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                  > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                  >
                  > Thanks and 73,
                  > Tony KB9YIG

                • Bill Dumke

                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
                      Hi Tony,
                      I'm a new guy .I want to know how much does the RxTx v6.1 cost . And could send it to china ?

                      Thanks and 73
                      HiXGod
                      kb9yig <raparks@...> 写道:
                      Good Morning All,

                      With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
                      100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
                      of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
                      the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
                      of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.

                      One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
                      oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.

                      I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                      concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.

                      Thanks and 73,
                      Tony KB9YIG

                      抢注雅虎免费邮箱-3.5G容量,20M附件!

                    • hb9czf
                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
                        Hi Tony

                        An overtone oscillator would be nice for my 10.7Mhz IF project :-)

                        73 de Dominik, HB9CZF

                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

                        > Good Morning All,
                        >
                        > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
                        about
                        > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second
                        run
                        > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes
                        from
                        > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
                        removal
                        > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
                        changes.

                        > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone
                        type
                        > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                        >
                        > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                        > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                        >
                        > Thanks and 73,
                        > Tony KB9YIG

                      • RAY
                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
                          Hi Tony,

                          I put my vote for the 20 MTR also, Of course the others are just as
                          essential.

                          It is amazing how far you have taken this design - so much for so little.

                          73, Ray, N0FY

                          On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:10:39 +0000, you wrote:

                          > softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                          Yes Tony
                          A 20meter Kit would be Very Nice!
                          Bruce K3CMZ
                        • Lacok Emil
                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
                            I am interested in a 20m kit, TOO
                            Emil

                            ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---
                            This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
                            ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ===

                          • jeffuzs
                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
                              I would be very interested in a second kit (already built 6.1 and
                              works well except for the points made in post No 9769) if it was
                              suitable for up to say 30MHZ or possibly higher.
                              Many thanks Tony.
                              73
                              Jeff GW3UZS--- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...>

                            • DSNman@comcast.net
                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
                                Hello,

                                I also would like to see a 20 Meter version.

                                Right now I'm planning a 20 Meter transceiver using 9 Mhz SoftRock receiver with receive and transmit mixers..a 5 Mhz VFO and conventional transmitter. This will be a CW transmit with 2 frequency ranges. One range will be CW transmit and receive and the other for SSB portion for receive.

                                I have not built a RX/TX yet but this band would be my first choice.
                                --
                                Loren Moline
                                WA7SKT

                                > kb9yig wrote:
                                > >

                                > > Good Morning All,
                                > >
                                > > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
                                > > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
                                > > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
                                > > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
                                > > of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.
                                > >
                                > > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
                                > > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                                > >
                                > > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                                > > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                                > >
                                > > Thanks and 73,
                                > > Tony KB9YIG

                              • David Fine
                                Message 15 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
                                  Yes, I would be interested in a 20 meter RXTX Tony.

                                  73,
                                  Dave, W0DF
                                • kj1k_fn32jk
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Mar 31, 2007
                                    I think the overtone crystal is a good idea, would that reopen the
                                    possibility of units, like the discontinued SR7, that are intended to
                                    operate on 28 MHz and/or 50 MHz?

                                    Also, I have built a DDS-60 to allow some frequency agility. Perhaps
                                    it would be desireable to have a defined way to interface VFOs such as
                                    the DDS-60 to the SR boards.

                                    Thank you for the good work.

                                    I have built 3 SR units so far with the SRv6 working perfectly and
                                    some issues regarding performance on a SR7 and a SRv6.1 Lite.

                                    73... Sigurd Kimpel, KJ1K

                                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

                                    > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                                    > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks and 73,
                                    > Tony KB9YIG

                                  • cesco12342000
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Apr 1, 2007
                                      The softrock rxtx is regularly outperforming
                                      the ft1000 in digital modes rx.

                                      A 20m rxtx would be a nice thing !
                                    • Clive Lorton
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Apr 1, 2007
                                        Tony,

                                        I too would be very interested in a 20m kit.

                                        Your input to our hobby is very much appreachated.

                                        Clive G8POC
                                      • FRANCIS CARCIA
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Apr 1, 2007
                                          A quad hybrid in an SR 7 would provide a 90 degree phase shift over a wide range. The RC delay only works over a short frequency range. gfz

                                          kj1k_fn32jk <skimpel@...> wrote:
                                          I think the overtone crystal is a good idea, would that reopen the
                                          possibility of units, like the discontinued SR7, that are intended to
                                          operate on 28 MHz and/or 50 MHz?

                                          Also, I have built a DDS-60 to allow some frequency agility. Perhaps
                                          it would be desireable to have a defined way to interface VFOs such as
                                          the DDS-60 to the SR boards.

                                          Thank you for the good work.

                                          I have built 3 SR units so far with the SRv6 working perfectly and
                                          some issues regarding performance on a SR7 and a SRv6.1 Lite.

                                          73... Sigurd Kimpel, KJ1K

                                          --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@... > wrote:

                                          > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                                          > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                                          >
                                          > Thanks and 73,
                                          > Tony KB9YIG

                                        • olivier_maillard2000
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Apr 2, 2007
                                            It will be very nice to include on the PCB the possibility to mount a
                                            DDS and a filter or a "standard" quartz oscillator. A jumper may also
                                            be included to select the clock source.

                                            73's de Olivier HB9TOB

                                            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jeffuzs" <jeff.diplock@...> wrote:

                                            > I would be very interested in a second kit (already built 6.1 and
                                            > works well except for the points made in post No 9769) if it was
                                            > suitable for up to say 30MHZ or possibly higher.
                                            > Many thanks Tony.
                                            > 73
                                            > Jeff GW3UZS--- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@>
                                            > wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Good Morning All,
                                            > >
                                            > > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
                                            > about
                                            > > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a
                                            second
                                            > run
                                            > > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board.
                                            Changes
                                            > from
                                            > > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
                                            > removal
                                            > > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
                                            > changes.
                                            > >
                                            > > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an
                                            overtone
                                            > type
                                            > > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                                            > >
                                            > > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                                            > > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                                            > >
                                            > > Thanks and 73,
                                            > > Tony KB9YIG

                                          • George
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Apr 2, 2007
                                              Tony

                                              Will it be your intensions that the new RXTXv6.2 would be a 3 band
                                              unit?
                                              Say 20/40/80?

                                              George WD8NHI

                                              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

                                              > Good Morning All,
                                              >
                                              > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
                                              about
                                              > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second
                                              run
                                              > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes
                                              from
                                              > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
                                              removal
                                              > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
                                              changes.

                                              > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone
                                              type
                                              > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                                              >
                                              > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                                              > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                                              >
                                              > Thanks and 73,
                                              > Tony KB9YIG

                                            • imitchel4you
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Apr 2, 2007
                                                Hi Tony,

                                                I wonder if you might consider one of the PLL clock multiplier devices
                                                like the ICS502 as a clock source. It is an 8 pin SOIC (so no more
                                                difficult to use than any of the other ICs in the kits), has a crystal
                                                oscillator (so you can use the oscillator output directly) and a PLL
                                                with multiplication factors of 2, 2.5, 3, 3.3, 4, and 5, using a 2 bit
                                                input control word. Other devices have x6 and x8. The max output
                                                frequency is 160MHz.

                                                It might be useful to get into the higher bands.

                                                Many thanks for your efforts so far, and best of luck with the new
                                                round of kits.

                                                Cheers, Ian

                                                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

                                                > Good Morning All,
                                                >
                                                > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to about
                                                > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second run
                                                > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes from
                                                > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included removal
                                                > of unused component locations as well as other possible design changes.
                                                >
                                                > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone type
                                                > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                                                >
                                                > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                                                > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                                                >
                                                > Thanks and 73,
                                                > Tony KB9YIG

                                              • george quarterman
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Apr 3, 2007
                                                  Tony.
                                                  Please continue with the 20m kits.
                                                  Very many thanks for all your efforts and excellent designs.
                                                  73,George.G3NHX.
                                                • radman2uk2002
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Apr 9, 2007
                                                    Hi Tony,
                                                    I am another definitely interested in a 20m
                                                    version or dare I ask 20/15m. I have just completed the 40/30m
                                                    version and all appears to be working great although I have
                                                    yet to measure power output. Thanks for producing a superb
                                                    piece of gear.
                                                    73,
                                                    Dave, G4WXJ

                                                    > > Good Morning All,
                                                    > >
                                                    > > With recent RXTXv6.1 kit orders and shipments I am now down to
                                                    > about
                                                    > > 100 RXTXv6.1 kits left. If interest in the kit continues a second
                                                    > run
                                                    > > of the kits will be made with a version 6.2 circuit board. Changes
                                                    > from
                                                    > > the v6.1 circuit board to the v6.2 circuit board will included
                                                    > removal
                                                    > > of unused component locations as well as other possible design
                                                    > changes.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > One possibility is to change the oscillator circuit to an overtone
                                                    > type
                                                    > > oscillator circuit so that a 20m kit could be offered.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > I would be quite interested in thoughts group members might have
                                                    > > concerning a second run of the RXTX kits.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Thanks and 73,
                                                    > > Tony KB9YIG

                                                  • Jose Bonanca
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Apr 9, 2007
                                                      Ok Tony,
                                                      I have just finished the 40/80 kit. everything looks great. Didn't finish before because of the holidays but now ready to start testing
                                                      Thanks to a great satisfaction in building this nice kit.

                                                      I am also in the 20mtrs version.
                                                      Go ahead please.

                                                      --
                                                      Jose Bonanca  (CT1aos)
                                                    • John Young
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , May 5, 2007
                                                        Tony
                                                            I have been trying to sort out the RXTX kit status from the messages and am lost.
                                                        I built the first softrock40 when it was first released and am still impressed every time I use it.

                                                        What is the current status of kit?

                                                        Is there a web site I can refer to for the latest information?

                                                        Thanks for all your work.
                                                        73 John
                                                        WA8KNE

                                                        --
                                                        John D Young
                                                        WA8KNE
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , May 6, 2007
                                                          Suggestions:
                                                          1. optional circuit at the first FF (JP1 pin 2) to drive the board
                                                          with a DDS60. The curcuit needs 50 ohm load, coupling cap, and two
                                                          100K bias resistors to set input at Vcc/2.

                                                          2. PTT out goes 0 to 5 volts. Would like an option for open drain PTT
                                                          out.

                                                          3. On-board Xmit LED.

                                                          Some day I would like to see a vfo and phase detector in place of the
                                                          crystals for use with a DDS.

                                                          Andy WA3LTJ