9303Re: Tx Problem

  • Lyle Koehler, K0LR
    Mar 2, 2007
      My computer is a couple of years old and has an AMD Athlon 3200
      processor. The sound card I use for I/Q input and output is an Audigy
      2 NX USB card, and I run everything at 96 kHz, supposedly 24 bits. If
      anything, I would expect the USB connection on my card to impose an
      additional speed penalty on the system. To test the system, I loaded
      up the memory in a K1EL K10+ keyer with a test message and played it
      back into the RXTXv6.1 at various speeds. The speed is "software"
      selected by entering it with the paddles. Although I didn't check it
      with a scope, the keying sounded fine in another receiver at 35 wpm
      and even at 50 wpm (to the extent that I can copy at that speed!).

      The whole point of software defined radio is to perform as many of the
      radio's analog functions as possible in software, to minimize the
      complexity of the hardware. "Soft" keying is one of those functions,
      and I think it would be difficult to come up with a simple hardware
      implementation that works as well as the CW shaping in KGKSDR.

      Lyle, K0LR

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "cesco12342000" <cesco1@...> wrote:

      > A better thing would be to FORGET the shaping and key the tx
      > directly, I and Q signals always on.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic