9298Re: Tx Problem

  • cesco12342000
    Mar 2, 2007
      > Keying waveform shaping is done on the I and Q,
      > while PTT remains active until keying stops

      I wonder if this is a good concept. There are numerous problems with
      the low-latency required for this type of keying. This low-latency
      stuff is responsible for quite some hiccups on the software side.

      A better thing would be to FORGET the shaping and key the tx
      directly, I and Q signals always on. The rx soundcard could be active
      while transmitting, allowing to listen in between the dits. I think
      this would work much better than to route those signals trough a PC
      with a lame non-realtime OS.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic