9266Re: Softrock 40/80 debug

  • zl2cv
    Feb 28, 2007
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Karliner" <mike@...> wrote:

      > I completed the build of my TXRX today, checked resistances and
      > initial current drain which seem OK. Upon connecting up to my
      > PC and Rocky, I'm getting faint signals, but they are symmetrical
      > around the center frequency, and connecting headphones to output shows
      > that I've got no signal on the tip side.
      > Unfortunately, I have not much in the way of test gear at the
      > moment, although I'm trying to borrow a scope.
      >
      > Any words of wisdom or suggestions for debugging?
      >
      > Thanks in advance Mike (G8LKD, when I get this working..)

      Double check and check again that you have wired the bifilar-wound
      toroids correctly. Do a continuity test on them to make sure you have
      got rid of the enamel coating and they have soldered correctly.

      The other advice is to go over the legs of the ICs with the soldering
      iron and make sure, carefully, there are no dry joints. Also check
      your own audio connections from tip/ring back to the board.

      Have fun - you're nearly there.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic