76015Re: [softrock40] Built my Softrock Lite II for the K3 and have a couple of questions

    Dec 19, 2013
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Built my Softrock Lite II for the K3 and have a couple of questions

      >>And, more simply, there is Duncan's way although I'm not sure how he
      >>copes with a Softrock LO so close to centre.
      >
      > I'm about 5KHz away but don't have any issues. My hump at zero is pretty
      > much nothing so I can get away with being close. When I am monitory a
      > split operation It's always 5 more further up on SSB and maybe 2-5 on CW
      > so no problems.

      Duncan,

      What I was wondering was about the Softrock LO getting into the IF of the transceiver. This is the basic reason that at least a
      10-15KHz offset is used.
      It obviously does not bother you. Do you use a buffer? What one?