76002Re: [softrock40] Re: Sound Card Recommendations

    Dec 18, 2013
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Sound Card Recommendations

      > I think what Cliff really wants to know is what sound card has
      > worked for "you" (members of the group). I'd like
      > to know as well,

      Charlie,

      There are amost as many answers to that question as there are soundcards!
      There are very few stereo cards/systems that will not work. Sigmatel on some laptops comes to mind.

      It depends on the user, the Softrock is intended for 16 bit cards. Some, including me, say there is little advantage in using a 24
      bit card with an unmodified Softrock.
      Others will have nothing but the most expensive.

      Use what you have, if you really think you need better then think later. The SB0400 should work well.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      >but I'm going to find out here in the next
      > couple of days whether the soundcard I purchased on "the bay"
      > is suitable or not with my Softrock Lite II and K3 IF. It's a
      > Creative Labs model SB0400. Some metal work to do
      > here yet, getting it mounted in a metal box, etc.

    • Show all 42 messages in this topic