72842Re: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 Interface module question

  • Roger Critchlow
    Mar 18, 2013
      Yes, you are correct.  The Softrock Ensemble RXTX requires a stereo audio input connection for receive and a stereo audio output connection for transmit.  That's why the RXTX has line in and line out jacks in addition to USB, power, key, and antenna connections.

      You don't need a Delta 44.  Any audio interface with stereo line in and line out will suffice.

      -- rec -- ad5dz --

      On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM, David.Lopez <brewgod23@...> wrote:

      I am looking at the picture on this site
      "http://www.wb5rvz.org/ensemble_rxtx/11_extconn". Why is it that there
      is no mention of an external sound card required? I was under the
      impression that once I finished with my Softrock and can just connect
      it directly to my computer and start making contacts, but this in not
      the case.

      I think I am understanding why I need a Delta 44 now. My computer only
      has one headphone output and one mic input. If I connect my Softrock
      to these ports how will I be able hear the audio and where will I
      connect my mic to talk? That is where the Delta 44 comes in freeing up
      my computer Mic input and Speaker output ports. Am I correct on this?

    • Show all 46 messages in this topic