72658Re: Followup to FInally Done & Filter Question

  • richard.lawn@ymail.com
    Mar 8, 2013
      Have you actually finished your kit and gotten it to work? I've had one problem after another. I had to send mine off to Tim to solve at one point as the rcvr wouldn't work. He found a bad trace in the board and jumpered it. Now that I finished the build and was ready to test the xmitter I find the rcvr is no longer working so I'm fairly disgusted with it and no longer enjoying the process.
      Rick

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9gpm" <goofy_36@...> wrote:

      > I'm planing on doing the Altoids can too with BNC connectors. The only difference is I'm thinking about also adding a bypass switch. That way I won't have to disconnect and reconnect it as I switch bands.
      >
      > Dave
      > KB9GPM
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "richard.lawn@" <rjlawn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > As I understand the instructions, parts are provided to build an external filter based on the band combination built, in my case 40/30/20. Is this correct as it seems odd not include this necessary filter on the main board. If I'm understanding this correctly and this filter goes between the antenna and RF input on the main board, I'd appreciate suggestions on how users have built this external filter - perf board or what?
      > >
      > > Rick
      > > W2JAZ

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic