72639Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RX II noisy and not sensitive

  • EB4APL
    Mar 7, 2013
      Notice about S meter calibration:

      The Softrock Ensemble RX has 14 dB pads in series with the 2 lower
      bands. It purpose has been explained here, but as far as I know no any
      SDR software takes account of this, so if you calibrate in any of those
      bands, the S meter will indicate more than 2 S units high in the upper
      bands and the opposite will happen if you calibrate in the two upper
      bands. Since most S figures are relative indications it only has
      importance if you use the receiver for making measurements.

      73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

      On 04/03/2013 9:16, Alan wrote

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic