72444Re: [softrock40] Re: "sound card" proposal for Ensemble RX II....

  • Zack Widup
    Feb 25, 2013
      I've been using a Creative X-Fi model SB1095. It's well worth the
      money having that 96 kHz passband. I've been very happy with it. And
      that link you showed lists it as a special right now at less than
      twice the cost of the Behringer unit. I might just get another one at
      that price.

      I did the mod of adding the two extra electrolytics. I'd recommend that, too.

      73, Zack W9SZ

      On 2/25/13, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:
      > I bought a X-Fi also, works very well. At times you can buy refurb ones
      > direct from Creative on their web site at a substantial discount from list.
      >
      > John - ke5ssh
      > On 2/24/2013 10:05 PM, K2DMS wrote:
      >>
      >> It appears to be good to 48 KHz, but for a little more you could go
      >> X-Fi and get 96 KHz
      >>
      >> http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Surround-5.1/M/B0044DEDCA.htm
      >>
      >> Or eBay.
      >>
      >> --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      >> <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, "dukeofbecker" wrote:
      >> >
      >> > I recently purchased the built Ensemble RX II, and I believe the
      >> sound card on my computer is creating problems. (no stereo line-in jack )
      >> >
      >> > Will the following unit work as a sound card substitute? (see link
      >> below):
      >> >

      >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KW2YEI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
      >> >
      >> > It is a Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface with left and right channel
      >> RCA inputs and USB output to computer. I think I would like to try this!
      >> >
      >> > Carl KC2PQG
      >> >

      > --
      >
      > John Williams
      >
      > KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      > WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic