72369Re: How does one set up the Ensemble RXTX transmit?

  • warrenallgyer
    Feb 22, 2013
      Joel

      In my experience Rocky is the easiest and quickest to get working on transmit. It can be more difficult and a little unstable on Win 7 and above.

      Here is what you need to do:

      1) Connect the Line Out from you sound card to the Line Out connector on the RXTX.

      2) Set up the View/Settings/Transmit tab. Tick the Transmit Enabled box and set the IQ Output Device. The other settings I leave at default.

      3) Set the Transmit Mode (the little blue mic symbol pulldown) to CW

      4) You are ready to transmit a test tone. Under the Tx pulldown select Test Tone. You should get 1-2 watts out into a dummy load. Click the Tx button to return to receive.

      5) If all is good, you can plug a key into the Paddles jack and you are ready to go. The key can be a straight key or paddles. You make this selection under the Tools/CW Console menu (only available when in CW mode) where you can also set the keyer speed.

      6) Click the Green Tx button and key away. Click the Tx button again to go back to receive. Output power level and CW sidetone are adjustable on the View/Settings/Transmit tab.

      The simplest transmit mode on Rocky is BPSK31. Simple click the Tx key and type. Tune a BPSK signal and it decodes at the bottom of the screen.

      There is no transmit mode for SSB on Rocky. If you want simple SSB I recommend HDSDR and you already have a volunteer to help you with that. Hint: a cheap USB headset mic makes HDSDR SSB a snap.

      Enjoy!

      Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "joelweder" <jweder@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Strange thing but this thread seems to have gone dead! I too am now at the point where I want to start transmitting with my Softrock. It seems nobody is willing to put down on paper (so to speak) the process they've followed. Is this an initiation of some sort? Don't get into the secret society unless you can figure out how to get your softrock to transmit with PowerSDR or whatever?
      >
      > I, like so many other people, have limited free time and patience. My little Softrock is receiving wonderfully, and all the instructions on Robby's website are absolutely amazing. But then when it comes time to get the little sucker talking, there's a huge vacuum in terms of online help. Just a bunch of very generic comments, none of which are really very helpful.
      >
      > I realize everybody here is likely just as busy as I am. But for all the huge effort that has gone into this project so far, it would be absolutely WONDERFUL if 2 or 3 people would take on the chore of documenting their specific setups. Eg Rocky on CW, PowerSDR on SSB, etc.
      >
      > Joel, VE6EI

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic