72331Re: [softrock40] Re: Did I kill my Si570?

  • Nick Norman
    Feb 20, 2013
      On 26/11/12 22:42, nick_norman2002 wrote:

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alan4alan@...> wrote:
      >

      >>> a hot-air gun OK to solder these beasts? - I'll need to use one to get the old one off I think.
      >>
      >> Nick,

      OK all,

      A follow up:

      The original Si570 was broken

      The replacement is 100%, Finally got round to finished the assembly and
      it works in RX mode - not tried TX yet as I need to sort out adapters to
      BNC.

      Struggling a bit with the various software but - hey that's part of the
      fun, also struggling with windows (not my native environment).

      Just thought i let the group know the final outcome.

      Regards

      Nick

      M0HGU

      --
      I WAS AT A PARTY, he added, a shade reproachfully.
      -- Death is summoned by the Wizards