72272Re: [softrock40] SI570 Question

    Feb 16, 2013
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] SI570 Question

      > I've been playing around with my Ensemble II a lot. Although the
      > frequency range is specified to be 1.5 to 30 MHz, I find I can tune
      > the AM band down to 800 kHz. The filters are probably the limiting
      > factor here, but it seems they don't attenuate that much all the way
      > down to 800 kHz. I can still hear broadcast band stations and DX in
      > that band at night.

      Zack,

      Yes, others have said the receivers work well down to the lowest frequency.
      You may find a few signals 3 times or maybe 5 times the tuned frequency coming through but usually you have to look carefully.

      But RXTXs should not be used on transmit outside their design frequency.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      > I can also tune up to 35 MHz or so with it, but there isn't anything
      > to hear up there. :-)

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic