      Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 3:43 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ongoing RCVR Issues

      Ill try the fm rcvr idea.

      Soundcards path seems to be working, but might be intermittent. Spectrum,does change and last night I started to hear some different static and briefly heard a psk station as I was tuning. The green light in CFGSR is on. I'm really in the dark and think ill end up either selling it or turning it over to someone to complete the build and get it working. It's becoming for me to much like golf and I have that up a long time ago. Hi hi.

      Rick

      --- In mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com, "vbifyz" <3ym3ym@...> wrote:

      > The FM radio antenna should
      be right next to the Softrock board to do this check. The Si570 frequency is 4x of the "Softrock oscillator", if by that you mean the CFGSR displayed frequency.

      > Is the soundcard input path working? Does the noise
      spectrum change when you power the Softrock up and down? Is the light on the lower left of the CFGSR window green? I would start with this kind of checks before resoldering the board.

      mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com, "richard.lawn@" wrote:

      > > If my calculations are correct
      I should be able to hear the oscillator at the very top of the fm radio band if I tune softrock oscillator to 27 MHz. I started up pwrsdr then CFGSR. Tuning in pwrsdr tuned the CFGSR with the load freq box checked. I swept throu a wide range and never hear a thing in the fm rcvr.

      > > It
      appears I have to give up with my limited technical background. Would anyone be willing to check this board out and repair. I'd then try and complete the kit.

      href="mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com, Jasmine Strong wrote:

      > > > Are
      you getting LO noise at 4x the tuner frequency? You should be able to check this with an FM radio.

      > > > It really sounds like you
      don't have the oscillator working properly.

      -J.

      wrote:

> [...]
      rope. I decided to take a break from trouble shooting and go about replacing the 3 caps and rewind the 2 toroids as per the most recent 40m modification. In doing this I found a lead from the transformer at the RF input that had broken. I was able to resolder it topside. I have checked and recheck all joints, touching up a few whether they needed it or not. I've gone through board several times this way and I get the same results....a noise floor in the PWRSDR noise floor and that's it. What is so maddening is that when I first checked it yesterday it worked beautifully for about 3 min right in the middle of the RTTY contest. I then inadvertently clicked on the 30m band button in PWRSDR and I haven't received anything since. I don't usually give up but unless someone has an idea I haven't tried I'm about ready to send it off to someone who knows better than I do.

      Subject: [softrock40] RCVR Issues

      point today using an E-mu 0202 USB sound card and PowerSDR I was receiving all sorts of RTTY signals during the contest.
      inadvertently clicked on the 30m band button and that's when the trouble began. I was briefly able to hear signals hours
      after fiddling some Here are my configuations and questions:

      RXTX 6.3 init. Should I use the bottom choice which is just Ensemble RXTX?

      is an Ensemble RXTX not a Softrock 6.3 so use that. Although I'm not sure if it will make any difference.

      support rates up to 192K but it doesn't seem to allow that setting. The highest I've been able
      96K.

      suggestions out there? Could the intermittent problem be hardware related (something not soldered well) or software related?

      waterfall/spectrum show anything in the fault condition? Any signs of reaction to tuning?
      then it may well be a bad joint. Have a really good look. Do the tests again.

      G4ZFQ

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic