71871Re: [softrock40] Re: Quick question about winding Transformers

  • R. R. (Robby) Robson
    Jan 22, 2013
      I have modified the build instructions such that, in each step calling for the installation of an inductor, I print out an expanded winding instruction.  For example, in the step calling for the installation of the T5 transformer in the RXTX Ensemble, the instruction is:
      "T5
      XFRMR: 0.6uH: 14T/2x7T bifilar #30 on T25-6 (yellow) 8"
      Primary: Using approximately 9 inches of #30 wire, wind 14 turns on a T25-6 (yellow) ferrite.
      Secondary: Using a total of 9 inches of #30 wire, wind 7 turns , bifilar, on the ferrite in the same direction as the primary winding. Inductance of the single winding (usually the primary) is 0.60 uH."

      The instructions are computer-generated and may have rounding errors in the computed wire lengths (e.g., in the above the shorthand version says 8"; the generated version says 9").  I conservatively round up.

      If you are not seing this in the build instructions, please refresh the page in your browser (F5) to remove any cached older pages.

      I am open to suggestions as to how I should re-program the instruction generation algorithms for more clarity.

      Since I maintain this website and its associated infrastructure at no cost to the consumer of its instructions and receive no compensation for any of my labors or outlays, I am somewhat limited by my other commitments in my ability to respond as promptly as some might otherwise wish.