70514Re: SDR Soundcards

  • kk4dcf
    Nov 28, 2012
      Deviated from the original topic a bit but I figured I'd point out the macbook pro running win7 works very well. Line level input 24bit 96khz and very clean on my 2011 one. The sound chip can handle full duplex on the line in, line out, built in speakers and built in microphone.

      You should be able to have an ssb qso without any additional soundcards. I haven't tried yet.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:

      > Many new laptops have dropped the line in capability that is required.
      > You can use the mic input if it is stereo and is attenuated properly.
      >
      > My new Lenovo W510 is one of these new laptops that does not have line-in.
      >
      > John
      > On 11/28/2012 3:48 PM, Alan wrote:

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic