      3) what kind of coax? The only coax I could get my hands on here is 60 ohm coax for surveillance cameras,  which i had to use for feeding the receiver,but off course when I go to Bangkok later this week, I can get whatever I want. I suppose RG213 would be a possible choice. RG58 is too soft if the ring has a diameter larger 20 - 30 cm. maybe I should replace the feeder, using RG58 instead?

      Ulf

      Sendt fra min iPad

      Den 19. nov. 2012 kl. 04:29 skrev "junius fox" <jfox05@...>:

      Hello,  You can construct a nice receiving antenna out of coax and a inexpensive plastic variable that are used in cheap radios.
      the antenna is shown below:
      shielded loop arrl handbook version

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Ulf Holt
      Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:44 AM
      Subject: [softrock40] Antenna problems?

      As I have mentioned in my request for Software (I have now choosen to use PowerSDR-iq) I have problems reveiving anything. I got a Chinese AM station the other day, so I suppose the RX Ensemble II receiver is working in some way or another, but I am not very impressed of the sensivity. My problem is how to put up an antenna to test this radio.

      I am on a long vaccation in Thailand, and we live on second flor in a building that is 18 flors, and the only chanse for me is a balcony which is not very large and east bound. To make things even worse, both sides are shielded with concrete, so I only have an free opening that is about 1.8 m x 4 m.  I tried to put up a simple wire about 4 meter long, and connected it to the inner cord of a coax, which I connected to the receiver. A really bad solution, but I still would expect to pick up something, but I cannot get anything at all. If I remove the antenna, I can heare a difference, the noise level is falling, but that's about it.

      Any bright ideas out there?

      73 de LA2SL

      Ulf

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic